Friday 31 May 2013

MuhMur Radio SoundArt Broadcast : 30/05/2013




Sultry summer nights at Dartington Hall. Beautiful. Using public transport (the 149 Country Bus Service) to get to the Soundart radio station means I have a couple of hours to kill before starting the programme. Usually I'll sit and chat with Dave (Mutch, the engineer / producer / ships captain) and drink a little, but these summer nights are ideal for taking a stroll around the estate gardens ... They put deckchairs out on the lawn to enjoy a drink and read - I finished off reading the excellent "Noise Receptor" magazine.
So, onto the programme. No session or exclusive this week ... with going up to Lincoln and trying to start to make sounds for Berlin on the 13th, I played it safe and just played a few of my favourite records, put them in my bag and made my way to the bus stop kind of thing ...
I have the show downloaded onto my computer but I am still having a problem uploading onto Mixcloud. Hopefully this will be rectified soon.

Playlist:
1 : The Anti Group : "Magnesia" (Side Effects Records) 1988.
2 : Land:Fire : "Intense Light" (Tesco Organisation) 2004.
3 : Plurals : "You Are Horses" (Striate Cortex) 2010.
4 : Inade : "Crackling Void" (Membrum Debile Propaganda) 1998.
5 : Inade : "Nomina Nuda Tenemus" (LOKI Foundation) 2013.
6 : Tactile : "Grief" (Divine Frequency Records) 2005.
7 : Coil : "Are You Shivering" (Chalice) 1999.
8 : Cabaret Voltaire : "Photophobia" (Rough Trade Records) 1979.
9 : Eric Random : "Skin Deep" (New Hormones) 1981.
10 : Column One : "Introitum" (Substantia Innominata) 2013.
11 : Maeror Tri : "Take My Hope To Fertile Fields" (Manifold Records) 1999.
12 : Psychic TV : "Just Drifting (Midnight)" (WEA Records/Some Bizarre) 1982.
13 : Ultravox! : "Hiroshima Mon Amour" (Island Records) 1977.
14 : Kanttoripoika : "Guiro" (Record Deals) 2010.
15 : Mnem : "Dabfall Morto" (Some Place Else) 1999.
16 : B Movie : The Soldier Stood Alone" (Dead Good Records) 1980.
17 : Anenzephalia : Weltgleichschaltung 2006" (Teito Sound Company) 2006.
18 : Psychic TV : "Just Drifting" (WEA Records/Some Bizarre) 1982.

The next show is on June 13 and will feature mainly cassettes as the show will be pre-recorded and I will have access to a working cassette player. June 13 sees me travelling North to London for the flight to Berlin. A link below means I have cracked the uploading problem ...
Thanks for listening.

                       www.mixcloud.com/muhsteve/last-of-the-may-programmes/

Pictures.
1: DJ's choice!
2: Adventures In Basketry.
3: Dartington Hall Garden Furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment